Jersey, a movie which won the hearts of the audience with its fantastic teaser and trailer, is now in theatres. With soulful music and a well woven story, Jersey is everything to which one will look forward while watching in the theatre. This movie is the journey of a father, the journey of a man who gave up on his dream, a man who yearns to prove himself and is trying to relive his dream.
Jersey is the story of a common man with big dreams and how he paves his path towards realising them.
Cast: Nani, Shraddha Srinath, Sathyaraj, Brahmaji and Praveen
Director: Goutham Tinnanuri
Produced By: Suryadevara Naga Vamsi
Music: Anirudh Ravichander
Jersey is set back during the period between 1986 and 1996. It is the story of Arjun, who was a shining star on the rise in cricket. His coach, his friends and all the people related to him had great expectations from Arjun and believed in his ability as a player. However, life had other plans for him. Circumstances change and from being a role model in cricket, Arjun becomes a defeated and lost man. His wife, Sarah, who loved him dearly, grows resentful of his defeated attitude, his friends lose faith in him, his life takes a complete U turn and he begins to spiral down as quickly as he rose to stardom. His son, Nani, however, is in complete awe of him. Nani asks his father for a gift, a gift his father cannot afford. Arjun’s growing desperation finds new determination, a determination he hasn’t found in himself for a very long time. At the age of 34, he returns to the pitch and rewrites history. The most defeated man in life becomes an invincible man on the pitch. Jersey is all about Arjun’s journey and the situations which make him find his lost dream.
- First and foremost, Nani deserves a huge round of applause for his fantastic performance as Arjun. His role as a rising star and a defeated man was so natural and real. He lived up to his title, the Natural Star, once again.
- Shraddha Srinath, the female lead who played the role of Sarah, was convincing in her role as an independent working woman who carries all the responsibilities on her shoulders.
- Sathyaraj, who played the role of Arjun’s coach, was superb in his role. His role as a mentor and guide makes one wish for a driving force like that in their lives as well.
- Praveen, the actor who played the role of Arjun’s friend, was an absolute natural in his role. With subtle comedy and sarcastic comments, he did not disrupt the storyline and managed to make his presence felt.
- The storyline of Jersey is simply captivating. With not much drama and just the right amount of emotions , Jersey is an absolute delight to watch. Goutham Tinnanuri deserves the credit for this storyline.
- The cast and crew were chosen aptly and each character added value to the storyline.
- The cinematography is absolutely brilliant. The camerawork is definitely impressive and Sanu Varghese, the cinematographer who worked on the movies Wazir and Badhaai Ho, deserves the complete credit for it.
- Last but not the least, Anirudh Ravichander’s inspiring music and background score breathed a fresh waft of life into this movie. With music apt to the occasion, Anirudh Ravichander absolutely steals the show with his soulful and inspiring music.
The storyline of Jersey was so captivating and inspiring, it camouflaged the minor flaws here and there.
However, I personally feel there was very little to point out on the negatives front.
With Jersey, Goutham Tinnanuri managed to deliver the reverberating message, “It is never too late to follow your dreams.” Come join the journey of Arjun and Nani, and experience the deep bond between a husband and wife and the tough love of a mentor towards his mentee and for the sweet taste of victory with Jersey!