For all those who watched 2.0 and felt that this movie is entertaining, but wondered where Rajinikanth is in this movie, well here’s the answer. Petta is a medley of all the hits of Rajinikanth, a seamless merging of Rajinikanth’s trademark style and mannerisms. While 2.0 was a pure technology and class oriented movie, Petta is an entertainer which will engage the class and the mass audience equally.
Cast: Rajinikanth, Vijay Sethupathi, Simran, Trisha, Nawazuddin Siddiqui
Watch Telugu Full Movies Here:
Director: Karthik Subbaraj
Music: Anirudh Ravichander
Producer: Kalanithi Maran
In places where conflict starts at the drop of a pin, Kaali (Rajinikanth) joins a college as a hostel warden. Though Kaali does look like a regular guy, there was something off about him. Dangerous and outspoken, Kaali is a fighter in exile. However, a group of seniors pull him out of his exile by ragging a couple of juniors who newly join the college. Among them, a young girl (Megha Akash) is constantly pestered by a senior Michael (Bobby Simha.) Kaali sets the seniors right and then, he discovers, Megha is in love with another guy, Sanath. Megha’s mother is Simran. While Kaali gets attracted to Simran slowly and steadily, a group of gangsters get upset as Kaali interferes with their activities in the City and Jithu (Vijay Sethupathi) and Singhar Singh (Nawazuddin Siddiqui) believe, Kaali is biting off more than he can chew and decide to eliminate him. Singhar, a local politician, tries to hire some local goons and soon figures out, Kaali is more than a hostel warden. How Kaali deals with this issue is the essence of Petta.
- Rajinikanth, in his youthful attire and packed with energy, is surely the highlight of Petta.
- The cast and crew of Petta put up a tremendous performance. Simran, Trisha, Vijay Sethupathi and many others did a terrific job.
- Nawazuddin Siddiqui did a great job at playing the role of Singhar Singh.
- Karthik Subbaraj, who admitted to being a Rajini fan since childhood, has to be given due credit for his ability to create the medley of all the superhits of Rajinikanth and add a twist to the climax to make the ending unpredictable.
- The songs of Petta are the highlight, with Marana Mass taking over the mood of the movie completely.
- The screenplay and the college scenes are a must watch. With fantastic screenplay and a great chemistry between the lead pairs, Petta is a sureshot entertainer.
- There are scenes which were picked from previous Rajinikanth movies, which proved to be a huge plus point and has its advantages. However, this also has its downside as well. After a certain point, these scenes kind of look repetitive and boring.
- A few misplaced songs bring down the overall appeal of Petta.
For all those who love entertainment, fun and energy, along with a dash of Rajinikanth’s trademark mannerisms and a sprinkle of action and drama, Petta is the movie for you!