Who does not know S.S. Rajamouli, the iconic filmmaker? The man, who put Telugu cinema on the world canvas with a classic called Bahubali, celebrates his 46th birthday on October 10th, 2019.
We tell you 20 facts about S.S. Rajamouli, which will interest you!
1. S.S. Rajamouli can speak Kannada fluently. You are wondering if he is not a Telugu? Yes, Rajamouli was born in Raichur, Karnataka to a Telugu family originally from Kovvur, Andhra Pradesh. He is well versed in speaking colloquial Kannada.
2. K. Raghavendra Rao, the doyen of commercial Telugu cinema, is S.S. Rajamouli’s favorite filmmaker. In a lot of interviews, Rajamouli explained in detail how Raghavendra Rao sets up a scene to elevate the commercial elements in a script.
3. Rajamouli has always been an admirer of Indian epics, especially the Mahabharata. His dream is to make a movie based on the Mahabharata, before he quits filmmaking.
4. Rajamouli has his favorite Tollywood actors too. Junior NTR is his all time favorite actor in recent times and his close associate.
5. Rajamouli is the ‘unofficial’ chief advisor to young Rebel Star Prabhas. The experienced director has always been a keen observer of Prabhas’ career and an important cog in making Prabhas an international superstar.
6. Undoubtedly, Rajamouli got national recognition with his movie Eega. The concept of a housefly taking revenge on a man showed the master craftsmanship of Rajamouli as a great storyteller.
7. The Bahubali series earned Rajamouli a permanent place in Indian and world cinema. The first part of the movie will be screened at the Royal Albert Hall, London on October 19th, 2019, with M.M. Keeravani conducting a live orchestra of the background score.
8. Rajamouli is a recipient of the Padma Shri, one of the top civilian honors in India. Do you know, he got the Award upon the Karnataka Government’s recommendation?
9. Rajamouli considers himself a storyteller, than a great director. His admirers though have another thought.
10. Karan Johar, in his autobiography, deemed Rajamouli the greatest showman of the 21st century. This itself is a tribute to the man whose life is cinema.
11. Rajamouli and his whole family, including his wife Rama and son Karthikeya, are all involved in film production.
12. Rajamouli is an avid observer of Hollywood trends and always tries to adopt new technology in his movies.
13. Rajamouli is the man behind the superstardom of Ram Charan and Junior NTR. Both the actors honed their skills under the guidance of this director.
14. Rajamouli also created a strong base for comedian Sunil by casting him as the hero in Maryada Ramanna.
15. Rajamouli has a favorite genre—action drama with family sentiment. This has been his general trope, in which he created wonders.
16. Eega is one of the very few movies which showed a new dimension of love. Magadheera had rebirth as its theme and also had an element of a love story.
17. Rajamouli always tries to elevate his action sequences using technology, apart from the actors’ performances.
18. S.S. Rajamouli is a confessed atheist, but he respects those who believe in God and worship.
19. Rajamouli always believes cinema is a medium of unadulterated entertainment.
20. S.S. Rajamouli considers M.M. Keeravani the chief inspiration for him to enter the world of cinema.
S.S. Rajamouli is now busy working on another big budget movie, RRR, with his trusted actors Junior NTR and Ram Charan. Another classic in the making?
We wish S.S. Rajamouli a happy birthday and hope he continues to deliver landmark movies in the Indian film industry.