Post the tragic ending of Avengers: Infinity War, the audience couldn’t digest the loss of some of their favourite characters. Black Panther, Dr. Strange, Spider Man, Scarlet Witch, Star Lord and my most favourite character, Groot, all come to a smashing end in the Avengers: Infinity War, making the audience stop in their tracks and mourn the loss of the superheroes they have adored and worshipped over the past decade. The Avengers who survive are driven by survivors’ guilt, depression, heart break and most of all, a finality they did not see coming and are having a tough time to accept. However, Marvel Studios and the Russo brothers decided to put the audience out of their misery and gave a befitting ending to the Avengers saga. Thus the movie is rightly titled, Avengers: Endgame.
Cast: Chris Evans, Robert Downey Jr., Chris Hemsworth, Brie Larson, Josh Brolin, Scarlett Johansson and Benedict Wong
Director: Anthony Russo and Joe Russo
Producers: Kevin Feige and Stan Lee
Music: Alan Silvestri
The story picks off right where it was left off when Thanos manages to acquire all the six infinity stones and destroys half the universe, including many superheroes. The remaining Avengers slide down into the deep dark hole of guilt, depression and anger, which remains burning inside. However, that is not the end of it.
The remaining avengers, Captain America, Thor, Nebula, Iron Man, Black Widow, the Hulk and Captain Marvel join forces once again and decide to take down Thanos, once and for all. However, this time, the stakes are higher, the war is bigger, the enemy is more powerful than ever before. In short, it will be a tough win.
To make things even more interesting, The Avengers are reunited with their lost lovers and family members and this strengthens their resolve. They prepare for the war like never before and struggle with their losses and finally, the war begins!
- Chris Evans as Captain America was simply outstanding in his role. His mourning for his lost friends and the way he pulls the team back together is totally inspiring.
- Robert Downey Jr. as Iron Man totally nailed his performance. His pain and feeling of loss is evident and the way he rises back is simply stupendous.
- Scarlett Johansson deserves a round of applause for her inspiring performance.
- Last but not the least, the Russo brothers deserve a standing ovation for the way they brought the story to a conclusion. With many fans all over the globe, the pressure was surely super high to give a fantastic yet sensible conclusion. The Russo brothers pulled it off pretty well.
- The superb connectivity between the scenes keeps the audience engaged and entertained.
- The cinematography is mindblowing and Trent Opaloch deserves the credit for it.
- The conclusion is a must watch and a treat to all those who loved The Avengers since their inception.
- The brilliant background score elevated the movie to a whole new level.
- The director banked on the emotional angle heavily and it worked wonders for the movie.
- The initial scenes are a tad bit confusing and that is a drawback on the director’s front.
For all those who left the theatre with a heavy heart after watching Avengers: Infinity War, here’s your chance to feel good and happy again. Watch the remaining superheroes join forces and find out if they bring down the great Thanos to his knees. Avengers: Endgame is a treat to all those Marvel fans out there who started counting the days since the release date of the movie was announced!