Chitralahari, which left the audience begging for more with its teaser and trailer, has hit the theatres today. With the ever changing taste of the audience, directors are trying their level best to cater to their demands. However, there are very few who actually work on simple, clean and neat movies that leave the audience feeling good and content. Chitralahari belongs to one such genre. With no hype about the characters and proper introduction of each lead, Chitralahari is one of the most entertaining and engaging movies which hit theatres after a pretty long time.
Cast: Sai Dharam Tej, Nivetha Pethuraj, Kalyani Priyadarshan, Sunil, Vennela Kishore and Posani
Director: Kishore Tirumala
Music: Devi Sri Prasad
Producers: Naveen Yerneni, Y. Ravi Shankar and Mohan Cherukuri
The story revolves around Vijay( Sai Dharam Tej,) a guy who is down on his luck most of the time. The story kicks off with a court scene where Vijay begins narrating his story to the judge who is about to sentence him . That is where the actual story begins and one by one, the characters are introduced. Meanwhile, Lahari (Kalyani Priyadarshan) enters Vijay’s life and they fall in love. However, they get separated due to Swecha’s (Nivetha) intervention into Lahari’s life. The break up hits Vijay real hard and he redoubles his efforts to pitch his idea of an accident alert system to startups. Some of them try to buy him out while some others outright reject his idea. What does Vijay do in his growing frustration and how does he end up in a courtroom makes up the rest of the story of Chitralahari.
- Sai Dharam Tej has done a great job in this movie. Unlike before, there is a maturity and naturality in his work this time and is sure to keep the audience engaged.
- Nivetha Pethuraj and Kalyani Priyadarshan play contrasting characters in this movie. While Nivetha plays the role of Swecha, an independent and practical woman, Kalyani plays the role of Lahari, a girl who shy and timid. Both of them are really good in their roles.
- Vennela Kishore, who had limited screen time in this movie did a fantastic job as he was hilarious, witty and spontaneous in his role as Swecha’s colleague.
- Sunil, who took a break as a comedian from the Telugu industry is back in Chitralahari and was in his best form. His role as Vijay’s friend was engaging and hilarious.
- The best is saved for the last and Posani’s role is worth the mention. Posani played the role of a supporting father to Sai Dharam Tej. With subtle sarcasm and good dialogues, Posani’s role was fresh and entertaining throughout the movie.
- After a long time, Sai Dharam Tej worked on an engaging and entertaining story line.
- A great cast has actually elevated the feel of the movie.
- Chitralahari has a short run time, which is an added advantage.
- The movie has great cinematography. With some real good camera work that added to the appeal, Chitralahari is quite appealing and pleasing to the eye.
- Though the number of songs were less, Devi Sri Prasad, the musician who is known for his fantastic and foot tapping numbers has added his touch to Chitralahari.
- A couple of scenes post the interval were quite unnecessary and had little significance to the main story line.
- There are a couple of instances where there was forced humour.
Chitralahari is a neat, clear and simple story of a guy who is in search of success. His journey, struggles, love and experiences are hilarious in certain instances while heart wrenching in some others. Overall, Chitralahari is a great watch as it leaves the audience with smiles on their lips and with a light heart. This movie is a must watch for all those who love entertainers!
Chitralahari Telugu Movie Review