Lakshmi’s NTR, a movie which created quite the controversy and buzz all over social media, is now in theatres. Focussing on the life of Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao (NTR) post the entry of Lakshmi Parvathi into his life, Lakshmi’s NTR is a movie which brought many dark secrets of NTR to light.
Cast: Vijay Kumar, Yagna Shetty and Sri Tej
Director: Ram Gopal Varma
Producer: Rakesh Reddy, Deepthi Balagiri
Music: Kalyan Malik
Lakshmi’s NTR starts off with the entry of Lakshmi Parvathi in the life of NTR, post the death of his wife, Basavatarakam. Lakshmi approaches him with a request to conduct research about his life and pen his biography. He permits her into his life and lets her observe him. However, this idea does not appeal to his family members. They start questioning NTR about her and his relationship with her. However, despite all the rumours, Lakshmi Parvathi and NTR grow close and spend hours together discussing his life. Chandrababu Naidu, who seizes the opportunity to defame NTR, joins hands with a popular newspaper and starts a negative propaganda. The downfall of NTR and how it affects him is the essence of Lakshmi’s NTR.
- The role of NTR in this movie is essayed by Vijay Kumar and he did a fantastic job. His uncanny resemblance to NTR and his mannerisms are an added bonus.
- Yagna Shetty did a great job portraying the role of Lakshmi Parvathi, as she blended into the role perfectly.
- Sri Tej also did a good job as Nara Chandrababu Naidu.
- The music of this movie is commendable.
- The decent cinematography is an added bonus to Lakshmi’s NTR.
- Lakshmi’s NTR has a great storyline and screenplay.
- Some of the characters in the movie tried a little too hard to fit into their roles, thus making the movie kind of boring.
Lakshmi’s NTR is a movie filled with political agendas, plots and drama. For all those who love politics and drama, Lakshmi’s NTR is a must watch over the weekend.