Dev, a movie which is creating a lot of buzz on social media, hit theatres today. Dev is all about adventure, taking risks and many other things which one usually doesn’t consider at the threshold of their career. Let us get into details of the movie and find out what happened.
Dev Movie Details:
Cast: Karthi, Rakul Preet Singh, Prakash Raj, Ramya Krishnan and Vamsi Krishna
Director: Rajath Ravishankar
Production: Prince Pictures
Music: Harris Jayaraj
Dev is a story which revolves around a 28 year old man who loves adventure and taking risks. The lead character, Dev (Karthi,) is keen to try everything which spells risk and adventure and nothing about what common people seem to care as in career and education. However, as the saying goes, “To each his own,” Dev has a mind of his own and a wealthy father, Ramalingam (Prakash Raj,) to back his dreams. Dev embarks on a mission to climb the Mount Everest, but fails. During this course, he meets Meghna (Rakul Preet,) who is a complete contrast to Dev, when it comes to personality. The director took the concept of opposites attract a tad bit too seriously and shaped Meghna’s character. She is ambitious, career oriented, driven and passionate about her work. Dev falls for her and tries to woo her. Meghna eventually falls for Dev, who shows the other side of life to her by letting her into his world. However, just as things are getting better, a conflict arises between them about Dev’s career and life. The rest of the story is how such contrasting personalities reach a common ground.
- Karthi did his role complete justice. He played all the parts of a biker, a mountaineer, a photographer and a nature lover with perfection.
- Rakul Preet did a tremendous job at playing the role of a young entrepreneur.
- Prakash Raj and Ramya Krishnan did a good job at playing the supporting characters in Dev.
- High production values are a huge plus point.
- Rakul Preet adds to the glamour quotient.
- The cinematography is commendable for which R. Velraj deserves an applause.
- The songs of Dev are good and Harris Jayaraj deserves the credit for this.
- The plotline of the story is too far fetched and unreal.
- The characterizations of the lead characters are based on a lot of “what ifs,” which did not work out for Dev.
Dev is one of the feel good movies which came out this season. It definitely looks promising and is an entertainer. It most definitely is worth a watch this Valentine’s Day!
Happy Valentine’s Day!