Yatra is an emotional journey of a man, the transformation of a common man into a great leader, a footprint of many decisions which left a mark in the history of Andhra Pradesh. Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy rose from being a common man to a diplomat, a statesman and a politician, the likes of which Andhra Pradesh had never seen before and probably, will never witness again.
Yatra Movie Details:
Cast: Mammootty, Jagapathi Babu, Sudheer Babu, Suhasini Maniratnam, Ashrita Vemuganti, Rao Ramesh, Anasuya Bharadwaj and Posani Krishna Murali
Director: Mahi V. Raghav
Production: Vijay Chilla, Shashi Devireddy
Music: Krishna Kumar
Yatra is the story of Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy (Mammootty,) his childhood and his professional life. The story kicks off with Y.S.R., a novice politician conversing with a seasoned politician’s daughter played by Anasuya. The political situation changes in such a drastic manner that Y.S.R., takes the decision of going on a Padayatra. This is a very important event in Y.S.R.’s life as the Padayatra brought about a change in his personality and attitude. Y.S.R., interacted with many people from all walks of life and understood their requirements and needs. Right from Y.S.R.’s rise as a politician to his demise, Yatra shows all the aspects of the great man’s life.
- Mammootty’s performance as Y.S.R., is the highlight of Yatra. With mannerisms and body language resembling Rajasekhara Reddy, Mammootty put up a terrific performance.
- Anasuya Bharadwaj, Rao Ramesh and others did a great job as the supporting cast.
- The cinematographer, Sathyan Sooryan, did a fantastic job.
- High production values elevated the feel of Yatra.
- Mammootty’s performance is one big plus point.
- Mahi V. Raghav’s direction and vision of Y.S.R., completely translated on the screen, which is why the screenplay of Yatra is commendable.
- The supporting cast were chosen with great care and that is one of the major factors contributing to the success.
Rajasekhara Reddy walked close to 3000 km, interacted with countless number of people and got influenced by many more. Yatra mainly focuses on this aspect of Rajasekhara Reddy’s life, wherein he underwent a massive change, post the Padayatra.
Yatra is a unique blend of politics and drama. It is a must watch.