NTR Biopic Kathanayakudu, one of the most awaited movies of the year, hit theatres today. Kathanayakudu, the first part of the NTR biopic, focuses on the journey of NTR as an actor. While the various roles played by NTR during his journey as an actor were covered, the evolution of him as a politician and a people’s man from an actor was also depicted in a beautiful way.
Cast: Nandamuri Balakrishna, Vidya Balan, Rakul Preet Singh, Nandamuri Kalyan Ram, Nithya Menen, Rana Daggubati and many others
Director: Radha Krishna Jagarlamudi
Music: M. M. Keeravani
Producers: Nandamuri Balakrishna, Vishnuvardhan Induri, Sai Korrapati, M.R.V. Prasad
The story of NTR Kathanayakudu kicks off at the Adyar Cancer Hospital, where Basava Tarakam (Vidya Balan) and Harikrishna (Kalyan Ram) are waiting eagerly. The movie then shifts to 1947, when NTR (Balakrishna) is introduced as a young boy, with eyes full of dreams and aspirations. NTR worked as a regular employee at a register office, when he discovered his passion for cinema. He resigned from his regular job and decided to pursue his passion and set out for Madras. His first act as a constable in the movie Mana Desam is showcased. Later on, the struggle of NTR to prove himself as an actor started. With a lot of struggle, hardwork and effort, NTR established himself as a successful actor and developed relations with everyone in the industry. Right from his contract with Vijaya Vauhini Studios, to the scenes in many famous movies of NTR such as Thota Ramudu in Patala Bhairavi, Sree Krishna in Mayabazaar, Anji in Gundamma Katha and many other such significant roles, all the roles marked milestones in his life. However, his life was not always on the ascent. His first son Rama Krishna‘s death shook his very being. However, that did not affect his performance as an actor. At the age of 40, his role in Narthanasala, Dana Veera Sura Karna, Yamagola and many others made all the actors in the industry rethink their struggle to become actors. The entry of Chandrababu Naidu (Rana) into NTR’s life, as the husband of Bhuvaneshwari, is another aspect of his life when he started exploring the political scenario by then.
One wouldn’t know where to start in this aspect. However, as a movie buff and as hardcore fans of NTR, it is also up to us to figure out if the cast and crew of NTR Kathanayakudu has done justice to the great man’s life story or not.
- Balakrishna put up a tremendous act in the role of Nandamuri Taraka Rama Rao garu. He did complete justice to journey of Rama Rao garu as an actor and brought it in full circle.
- Vidya Balan did complete justice to the role of Basava Tarakam and brought life to her role.
- The cast and crew of NTR Kathanayakudu were chosen with great care and precision. Each character added value to the movie, thus bringing out the essence of the movie.
- Talented and close to real life characters were chosen as the cast of the NTR Kathanayakudu.
- The expert direction of Krish Jagarlamudi added the necessary charm, intrigue and drive to NTR Kathanayakudu.
- High production values are also one of the most important aspects which are vivid and evident with all the grand sets and backdrops set lavishly in NTR Kathanayakudu.
- A great deal of research was done about the life of NTR garu and the attention to detail is mind boggling. Every move, moment, aspect and decision of NTR garu was captured and depicted in a beautiful way.
- Certain scenes, such as the decision to work in movie biz, the Diviseema episode and the demise of Rama Krishna caused such emotional reactions that one would wonder from where the man drew strength in such situations.
- Except for the length of the movie, which runs close to 171 minutes and is hardly noticeable in the engaging script and screenplay, we could hardly find any negatives in NTR Kathanayakudu.
NTR Kathanayakudu is a must watch for all those who are unaware of the journey of the actor. His struggle, his journey, his passion and his drive for what he believes in, is an inspiration to many.