Odiyan is a movie based on a story set in the interiors of Kerala. While Kerala is known for its highest percentage of literacy, the interiors of Kerala still hold strong orthodox beliefs, superstitions and many folklores. Odiyan is picked up from one such folklore.
Odiyan Movie Details:
Cast: Mohanlal, Manju Warrier, Prakash Raj and others
Director: V.A. Shrikumar Menon
Producers: Antony Perumbavoor
Music: M. Jayachandran
Odiyan is a story based on a folklore from the interiors of Kerala, which is about shape shifters. Odiyan Manikyan (Mohanlal) was exiled from his village Thenkurissi many years ago for crimes he did not commit and is forced to live under false identity. However, he comes back to his village to clear his name and his relationship with his love interest, Prabha (Manju Warrier.) During a shocking course of events, both of them learn that the reason behind Odiyan’s exile is Prabha’s cousin. Who this cousin is and what he did to create such troubles for Odiyan forms the crux of Odiyan.
- The concept of Odiyan is intriguing and piques the interest of the audience. The credit for the story of Odiyan goes to V.A. Shrikumar Menon and writer Harikrishnan.
- Manju Warrier put her best foot forward for Odiyan and it is visible in the movie.
- Prakash Raj delivered a highly appreciable and versatile performance in Odiyan.
- Mohanlal underwent visible transformation and the level of his seriousness in his work reflects in his look.
- Jayachandran’s music added charm to the fascinating story of Odiyan.
- The stunt sequences, choreographed by Peter Hein, were brilliant.
- Odiyan runs for a very long time, close to 2 hours and 47 minutes, which makes it very long and in certain parts, intolerable.
- The slow screenplay also has a slightly negative effect on the overall impact created by Odiyan.
Odiyan is a must watch movie for all those who love fantasy and fiction based stories. Mohanlal’s power packed performance and Prakash Raj’s versatile act are the highlights of Odiyan.
Odiyan Telugu Movie Review
User Review( votes)