Shivaji Rao Gaekwad, fondly known as Rajinikanth by his fans turns 68 years old today. Known for his fantastic screen presence and acting skills, Rajinikanth is a rare gem one can find. Apart from acting, he is also a noted screenwriter, producer and a politician.
His philanthropist activities are well known throughout South India, but that is just one of the many great things about his personality. His life is a lesson worth learning and exploring about. One would never stop if they start describing Rajinikanth’s great personality . So we found 10 main reasons why Rajinikanth is a real life superstar.
10 reasons why Rajinikanth is a real life superhero rather than reel life star:
- Rajinikanth always treats everyone on the set with respect, be it the lighting technician or a cameraman. He treats them all with respect as though they are his peers. He is always on time and has respect for others’ time as well.
- Rajini was a mischievous child and is the youngest in his family. The actor was 6 years old when he was admitted as a student in Ramakrishna Math where he was taught the Vedas and their importance. A sense of spirituality awakened in him since then.
- Rajinikanth’s father was a police constable and he is from a very humble background and struggled a lot to support his family. He is a Maharashtrian by birth and Kannadiga by origin!
- Rajinikanth is a very simple and uncomplicated person. He loves his old books, clothes, photographs and many other things one likes to retain from childhood. Even though the actor can afford practically anything, he likes to use his old car as well.
- Thalaivar is an avid reader and is well versed in various topics such as culture, heritage, history, spirituality, science and politics.
- He drives his own car! Imagine Thalaivar driving his own car without a chauffeur or entourage taking care of his smallest needs and necessities.
- Rajinikanth keeps his appearance simple and sticks to a simple Dhoti and Kurta.
- Rajinikanth usually does not celebrate his birthday though his fans celebrate it like a festival.
- In case any of Rajinikanth’s movies do not do well at the box office, he pays the producers back from his own pocket and takes the blame. Such a big heart!
- The 2.0 star frequently visits the Himalayas and stays there for a few days after every movie release. He says, exploring the caves of the Himalayas and the small villages nestled in the Himalayas is also like meditation.