Amar Akbar Anthony, a movie by Srinu Vaitla, is out in theatres, today. The combination of Ravi Teja and Srinu Vaitla is a definite entertainer as Srinu Vaitla’s timing and Ravi Teja’s energy add the extra punch that marks the unique selling proposition of a movie and eventually makes it a blockbuster hit. Amar Akbar Anthony is another feather in the cap of Srinu Vaitla and another blockbuster is added to a very large bag of hits of Ravi Teja.
Cast: Ravi Teja, Ileana D’ Cruz, Sunil, Vennela Kishore, Sayaji Shinde
Director: Srinu Vaitla
Producers: Mythri Movie Makers
Amar Akbar Anthony is based on two individuals who get deeply affected by a horrific incident which resulted in the loss of their families. The individuals who get affected are Ileana (Aishwarya) and Ravi Teja (Amar, Akbar and Anthony.) Their loss is deep rooted and it results in a disorder called Dissociative Identity Disorder. The individuals suffering from this disorder assume different personalities and behave accordingly. Two big families in New York open a pharmaceutical firm and take in a few other people as partners. However, these partners are deceptive and kill the family members of these two families to take over the company. The only survivors of this tragedy are Aishwarya and Amar and the story takes a serious turn from there. The rest of the movie is about how Aishwarya and Amar try to exact revenge for the loss and pain they suffered.
- Ravi Teja put up a terrific performance in Amar Akbar Anthony. His three roles, Amar, Akbar and Anthony, managed to generate enough humour which causes one to practically burst at the seams with laughter.
- Ileana, who came back to Telugu film industry after 6 long years, made a comeback with a bang. Her role is fresh, versatile and as it was anticipated, she looked stunning as ever.
- Sunil deserves a special mention here. The comedian turned actor returned to comedy, which is his natural forte and it turns out, he hasn’t lost his touch. His role is also a look forward to in Amar Akbar Anthony.
- Great screenplay
- Good storyline
- A concept on the well beaten path, but presented differently.
- Great cinematography
- Good timing of comedy
- Amar Akbar Anthony is a story with nothing new to offer as it is about seeking revenge.
- There are a few places in Amar Akbar Anthony where the comedy fell flat and was not very humorous.
Amar Akbar Anthony is a movie based on revenge. It is a story of two individuals who lose their everything trying to exact revenge and find the people who are responsible for their loss which is not exactly a new story, but the twist worked out pretty well for us. The story of Amar Akbar Anthony is narrated in a unique way, which is the unique selling proposition of Amar Akbar Anthony. Amar Akbar Anthony is a must watch for all those who crave some good comedy and drama.
Amar Akbar Anthony Telugu Movie Review
User Review( votes)
Download the My Mango App for more amazing videos from the Tollywood industry.