Thugs of Hindostan hit theaters today and it is receiving a tremendous response. With rumours rife that the movie is a copy of Pirates of the Caribbean, the makers of the movie ignored the comments and waited patiently till the movie was out. The verdict is that Thugs of Hindostan is nothing like Pirates of Caribbean. Thugs of Hindostan is an inspiration from Philip Meadows Taylor’s novel Confessions of a Thug (1839.)
Cast: Katrina Kaif, Aamir Khan, Amitabh Bachchan, Fatima Sana Shaikh and many others
Director: Vijay Krishna Acharya
Producers: Aditya Chopra
Songs: Ajay Gogavale and Atul Gogavale
The movie backdrop is set during the 1850s when India’s first war for freedom began. The story begins with an Indian kingdom wishing to remain free from the clutches of the British Government but is forced to bend down and the king, queen and the prince of the kingdom are killed in cold blood. The princess, Safira, who is saved by Khudabaksh (Amitabh Bachchan) turns out to be one of the best warriors of Amitabh Bachchan’s rebellious community. Firangi Mallah (Aamir Khan) plays a slightly eccentric role in Thugs of Hindostan and he is considered a worthy opponent to Khudabaksh, who is causing a lot of trouble to the British East India Company. Firangi Mallah is a person who wouldn’t mind double crossing his own clan for a penny and he infiltrates the followers of Khudabaksh. Quickly, Mallah rises in ranks from being just a follower to a very important person in the eyes of Khudabaksh. What happens when Khudabaksh finds out about Firangi Mallah’s treacherous intentions and will the thugs of Hindostan remain undefeated after all, is the big question that everyone is waiting to find out.
- Aamir Khan outdid himself in Thugs of Hindostan. While a clear contrast is established between Amitabh’s character and Aamir Khan’s character, it is evident that both of them justify their cause for a fight in their own way.
- Amitabh Bachchan, who is 76 years old, embraced the character of Khudabaksh with ease. With an air of old world royalty reflecting in his behavior, Amitabh pulled off the role of Khudabaksh with grace and dignity.
- Fatima Sana deserves a special mention as she performed all the stunts and swordsmanship with such perfection that it is hard to believe the girl never touched a sword before this movie.
- The screenplay and the VFX are to die for in Thugs of Hindostan.
- The storyline is fantastic and was worked on really well. Though Aamir’s role slightly reminds the audience of Jack Sparrow (Pirates of the Caribbean) in some scenes, the character of Aamir is built very carefully and with precision.
- The sets, the cinematography and the great locations are huge plus points for Thugs of Hindostan.
- Thugs of Hindostan is a good movie, but it has its share of negatives as well.
- The music of Thugs of Hindostan did not impress the audience.
- Katrina Kaif’s role is pretty much limited in this movie. The audience was definitely expecting more when they saw her featuring in the trailer and the teaser. The audience expected her to play a prominent role.
- Amitabh and Aamir are sharing the screen space together for the first time. The audience will expect a clash of Titans kind of acting, but it did not hit that level. However, it is not all bad. They did work really well on their roles, it is just that the face off wasn’t big enough.
Thugs of Hindostan was out as a Diwali treat for the fans. Well, the movie is a definite treat for all those who love action, drama, twists in the story and finally, amazing visuals. Rest of the crowd can watch the movie for Sana Shaikh, who did a fantastic job in this movie. Thugs of Hindostan definitely made it to our must watch list.
Thugs of Hindostan Telugu Movie Review
User Review( votes)