The son of Varsham fame Director Shoban, Santosh Shoban tried his luck in the avatar of a Paper Boy, after making debut with Thanu Nenu in 2015. With good hype created by the trailer being hailed by Superstar Mahesh Babu and Rebel Star Prabhas, the film produced by Sampath Nandi is out in cinemas today. Here is our take on Paper Boy.
Cast: Santosh Shoban, Riya Suman Tanya Hope, Annapoorna, Krishna Murali Posani, Jayaprakash Reddy, Vidyullekha Raman, Abhishek Maharshi, Mahesh Vitta, Bitthiri Sathi
Story, screenplay, producer – Sampath Nandi
Director: Jay Shankarr
Music: Bheems Ceciroleo
Cinematography: Soundar Rajan
Editor: Bikkina Thammiraju
Gadwall Reddy (Posani Krishna Murali)) is a descendant of Gadwal Samsthanam, who is a senior professor in CBIT. His sons work in the USA as software employees, while daughter Dharani is a floriculture engineering student, who comes home after finishing her graduation. On the other side, Ravi is a paperboy who pursues Engineering, besides delivering newspapers. Ravi falls for Dharani while delivering newspapers in her gated community. As personal interests match and witnessing his honesty, hard work, and dedication, Dharani falls for Ravi. But her brothers don’t like it and threaten Ravi, who leaves the city along with his family. How Dharani finds Ravi, how she gets her love back, how she convinces her family? One must watch Paper Boy to know answers to all these questions.
– Santosh Shoban, Riya Suman, and Tanya Hope gain appreciation with impressive performances
– Posani Krishna Murali lives in the character of Gadwal Reddy.
– Rest of the actors are good enough in their roles.
– Matured performances by Santosh Shoban, Riya Suman, and Tanya Hope
– The first half feels very fresh
– Impressive dialogues
– Direction by Jay Shankarr
– Screenplay by Sampath Nandi
– Songs and Music by Bheems
– Beautiful Cinematography by Soundar Rajan
– Gets cinematic at times
– Rich production values by Sampath Nandi team makes Paper Boy so colorful to watch
– Cinematography by Soundar Rajan deserves complete appreciation
– Screenplay and direction are appreciable
Allu Aravind releasing the film under Geetha Arts sent positives vibes to the audience about the film. The first half of Paper Boy leaves a great mark with its freshness, while the second half becomes a bit cliche with cinematic writing. Though the film impresses on a whole, the first half stands as the savior of the film. The treatment by debut director Jay Shankar is impressive. Performances by Santosh Shoban and Riya Suman are matured enough. Posani Krishna Murali as Gadwal Reddy steals the show. Rich production values, cinematography and music help Paper Boy. The film feels fresh and impressive, ignoring the cinematic writing in the second half.
Verdict: Paper Boy is a fresh and genuine love story, besides passing a very good message to the youth. First-half takes a clear edge over the latter half. On a whole, Paper Boy is a clean and breezy entertainer that sends home the audience with the satisfaction of watching a good film.
Paper Boy Movie Review
User Review( votes)