Only a few movies win attention from the day 1 – the moment title of the film was announced. Movies like Seethamma Vakitlo Sirimalle Chettu, Pelli Choopulu, Nannaku Prematho, Rangasthalam carry positive vibes with their Telugu titles. Indraganti Mohanakrishna bagged hits the everytime he came up with Telugu titles like Ami Tumi and Ashta Chamma. This time its Sammohanam featuring Sudheer Babu and Aditi Rao Hydari. The movie is out in cinemas today and here is our take on Sammohanam.
Vijay (Sudheer Babu) is an aspiring children’s book illustrator, who doesn’t have a nice opinion on movies and movie artists. On the flip side, his father Naresh is a movie buff, who rents his house for movie shooting of Heroine Sameera’s (Aditi Rao Hydari) new movie. Vijay teaches Sameera Telugu and in the process, they get close to each other. But Sameera rejects Vijay’s love proposal due to some unknown reasons and there starts the conflict point in the movie. Why did Sameera reject Vijay’s love, what makes Vijay change his opinion on movie stars forms the rest of the story, that must be experienced in theaters only.
– Aditi Rao Hydari has delivered a brilliant performance, as a Heroine who showreels the struggles every Heroine face in the film industry. It feels like the actress has lived the character Sameera. Aditi also looks too cute and her own dubbing adds more to it.
– Sudheer Babu has given his career-best performance with this movie. Sudheer Babu impresses as a child book writer who has a low opinion on Heroines. Sudheer’s performance in emotional scenes is too good, just like Aditi’s.
– The one who stole the show apart from the lead pair is definitely actor Naresh. The senior actor made the crazy character look much crazier with this performance and comedy timing. His portrayal of Don character works out big time and brings laughs all over.
– Tanikella Bharani, Actor Nandu, Rahul Ramakrishna, Vennela Kishore, Pavitra Lokesh, Abhay and other artists have done their job well enough.
– The first thing that sent positive vibes about Sammohanam is Vivek Sagar’s music. Like his debut film Pelli Choopulu, music works out very well for this film as well. Songs have become hit even before the release, whereas background music elevates scenes in the film.
– PG Vinda cinematography brings a rich and fresh look to the love story, that deals with many issues.
– Story and Direction by Indraganti Mohanakrishna are impressive as always. The director had succeeded in projecting the film in a realistic way. Love scenes and the conflict scenes have been directed very well.
– Production values by Sridevi Movies have gone to next level, as the movie looks very rich in every frame. The locations used to shot songs are beautiful to be mentioned in special.
– Lead pair performances
– Actor Naresh Comedy
– Emotional sequences
– Vivek Sagar Music
– PG Vinda Cinematography
– Rich production values
– Slow narration
– Few parts in the second half
Analysis: Aditi Rao Hydari along with Sudheer Babu has delivered brilliant performances that have several shades to showcase. The love scenes in the first half have come out very well. Apart from these, actor Naresh has carried the film on his shoulders with his superb comedy timing. Music by Vivek Sagar gives life to the movie. Indraganti, who has always been versatile with his movies, has dealt successfully with the story of the struggles any Heroine has to go through in real life must be appreciated. Though the movie gets slow at parts, other things cover this.
Verdict: Sammohanam is a worth watching family entertainer, that offers everything – love, comedy, and emotions. Director has decided to showcase the hardships every Heroine has to face in real life and it is sure that Heroines gain more respect after this movie. Not only classy moments, Sammohanam offers fun every mass movie lover asks for. Ignoring the slow narration, Performances by Aditi, Sudheer Babu and Naresh make Sammohanam a winner and a movie that could make your weekend colorful.