All of us know a lot of these famous celebrities in the Telugu film industry. We know what they do, we know what movies they act in, we know a little bit about their personal lives as well. Most these popular actors are married to non actors. However, not everybody knows what spouses of our Tollywood actors do in their lives. Hence, this article is dedicated to the non celebrity spouses of T-town stars.
1. Upasana Kamineni (wife of Ram Charan) – Upasana and Ram Charan tied the knot in the year 2012 after dating for a year. She is the Vice-Chairman of Apollo Charity and the grand daughter of Prathap C. Reddy, Chairman of Apollo Hospitals.
2. Lakshmi Pranathi (wife of Jr. NTR) – This couple tied the knot in the year 2011. Pranathi is the daughter of a renown businessman in Hyderabad and these two met because of their family. She is a home maker and is responsible for Jr. NTR’s success and fitness. They also have a 2 year old son whom she takes care of.
3. Surekha Konidela (wife of Chiranjeevi) – Surekha and Chiru got married in the year 1980, two years after his first film in the industry. Surekha is also a house wife who played a major role in taking care of the entire family while Chiru was on screen. She was his back end support and the reason for his success.
4. Amala Akkineni (wife of Nagarjuna) – Amala is the second wife of Nagarjuna who was a former actress in the South industry. She is a Bharatnatyam dancer and an animal welfare activist. Born a Bengali, she got married to Nagarjuna in the year 1992 and they have a son, Akhil Akkineni. She kept herself away from the screen for a very long time now.
5. Anjana Yelavarthy (wife of Nani) – Anjana and Nani dated for more than 5 years and finally tied the knot in the year 2012. Anjana worked as a software engineer and belongs to a very respectable family. This duo is now blessed with a baby boy.
6. Reshma (wife of Gopichand) – Reshma and Gopichand got married in the year 2013. Reshma is the niece of senior actor Srikanth. Following her passion, Reshma started an animation studio. They now have a baby boy named Virat.
7. Sneha Reddy (wife of Allu Arjun) – Sneha and Arjun tied the knot in the year 2011. These two have been in love for a long time and convinced their parents for their wedding. After completing computer science in the US, she came back to help her father with their business. They run a very reputed college of technology. The couple now has 2 children.
8. Vasundhara Devi (wife of Bala Krishna) – Vasundhara and Balakrishna got married in the year 1982. She is the daughter of the owner of SRMT, a popular transport services. They have three children together.
9. Namrata Shirodkar (wife of Mahesh Babu) – Namrata was a former model and actress in Bollywood. She was awarded the Miss Femina India in 1993. The couple got married in the year 2005. After a relationship of 4 years, these two love birds got married. She is also a producer and they now have 2 kids.
Here are a few spouses of celebs that we thought you should know of. If there are any more such couples you want to mention, do contact us through our social media websites!