He is different from others. He always has been appreciated for his charity work. Though he didn’t have hits for more than a decade but has a humongous fan following. Well, he is none other than Konidela Kalyan Babu, whose screen name is Powerstar Pawan Kalyan. Exactly, two decades ago on this day, the actor made his Tollywood debut with “Akkada Ammayi Ikkada Abbayi” and today he is celebrating the 20 years journey in Telugu film industry. Let’s have a look at the lesser known facts about Pawan Kalyan and his service activities.
1. Pawan Kalyan is always in the front to encourage the talented players. In 2012, he awarded Rs. 5 lakh to Olympic sports shooter Rekha Chalichemala.
2. He was the first one in 2013, who donated Rs. 20 lakhs to the victims of the Uttarakhand flood.
3. In 2014, he donated Rs. 50 lakh for relief operations after the Hudhud cyclone in Andhra Pradesh.
4. For some films, he didn’t take remuneration and compensated the distributors’ loss for his films, which didn’t work well at the box office. One among them is “Johnny.”
5. Pawan Kalyan was the first South Indian actor to endorse Pepsi.
6. He went to the home of a 12 year old girl to fulfill her last wish of meeting the power star. Bandi Srija, who was diagnosed with a brain tumor wished to meet the star, and Pawan went to see the little girl at a private hospital in Khammam. He also contributed some money for her treatment. Now, she is healthy and completely recovered.
7. The daughter of character artiste Pavala Syamala needed urgent medical treatment and he gave her Rs.75,000 for this and took care of her Apollo Hospital bills.
8. When an IIT JEE topper Prithvi Teja, said that Pawan is his real inspiration to excel in studies. Pawan called that boy and met him during the audio launch of “Panjaa.”
9. Pawan is a regular practitioner of naturopathy and that he hardly uses cosmetics but consumes natural products like amla, neem and sikakai juice.
10. He is an ardent follower of yoga, practices Ashtanga yoga, a difficult form of yoga where asanas are performed using a rope for the perfect control over mind and body.
11. Reportedly, he set up three borewells in Adilabad.
12. Pawan Kalyan has encouraged the young talents in many of his films and actors like Sudigali Sudheer and Venu has confessed the same during interviews.
13. Pawan returned his “Attarintiki Daaredi” movie remuneration to producer B.V.S.N. Prasad, when it was hit due to piracy. But later, when it made profits, the producer approached him with some share. Pawan politely refused it and asked him to donate the same to some charity.
14. When an old woman approached him, he donated her Rs. 1 lakh for their old age home in Khammam.
15. Although he himself is running short on monetary resources, Pawan didn’t hesitate to hand away Rs. 25 lakhs to Ravi, an assistant cameraman, whose wife’s life was threatened by a heart disease.
16. Pawan Kalyan reportedly visited a girl’s house, who was unable to undergo a much required kidney surgery and gave Rs. 2 lakhs, when he saw an article in a newspaper.
17. After reading “Adhunika Mahabharatam,” written by Seshendra sarma and he became a huge fan of it. However, he realized that the book was unknown and decided to honor the author’s efforts by reprinting it with his own money. It is now available in the market and titled as “Satyaki.”
Download the My Mango App for more amazing videos from the Tollywood industry.